Atlanta Stress Management: Causes of Stress in the Workplace
Stress in the workplace is very common in today’s fast-paced and demanding work environment. Many people who seek Atlanta stress management systems and treatments experienced stress due to their jobs and things related to it. This is why it is important to keep tabs of potential stress-causing factors in the workplace and avoid it to minimize stress’ negative physical and psychological effects.
Most of the time, stress triggers that require Atlanta stress management are internal, rather than external, including:
- Fear and uncertainty. Fear of being scolded, reprimanded or laid-off, whatever it is that you fear relating to your job can trigger stress.
- Attitudes and Perception. Your attitude towards your career and job speaks about your well-being about it. People who dread or dislike their jobs and think that their job is a monotonous, unexciting routine, make you susceptible to stress.
- Unrealistic Expectations. When you expect promotion or a raise or a performance bonus and been sitting at the thought for the longest time and then end up not getting it, you can be stressed.
- Change. Any form of change that is new, unanticipated and unwelcome; or even those that are expected, which disrupts your comfortable work pattern may cause you stress.
Specific circumstances and events that cause stress in the workplace are the following:
- Feeling of unhappiness and dissatisfaction at work
- Heavy workload or too much responsibility
- Long working hours
- Having poor management, unclear expectations of your work, or no participation in the decision-making process
- Working under dangerous conditions
- Insecurity about chances for advancement or termination risk
- Having to give speeches in front of colleagues
- Facing discrimination or harassment at work, especially if your company isn’t supportive
Finding the Right Treatment
If you begin to feel that you are too stressed out at work, do not wait for it to get worse, or to lead to other problems like burnout or depression. See your doctor or seek stress management treatments to help you get back in the right shape to work.
The Atlanta Medical Institute has Atlanta stress management expert that will help you cope up and manage stress, to better appreciate your life and your job.